Prof. Dr. Bernd Kirchhof
Prof. Kirchhof is one of the leading retinal surgeons in Germany. He has introduced and further refined novel surgical methods for treating AMD in Germany, including the macular translocation and the autologous translocation of the choroid and retinal pigment epithelium.
- Research at the University of Southern California, Doheny Eye Institute, Los Angeles (USA)
- 1996 to 2000: Professor of ophthalmology, University Aachen
- Since 2000: Professor of vitreoretinal surgery, University of Cologne
- Editor-in-chief: Graefes Archives of Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology
- Surgery of macula degeneration
- Study director surgical therapies
- Study director pharmacological therapies
- Objectives & coordination
- Raising of research funds
- Maaijwee K, Joussen A M, Kirchhof B, van Meurs J C. Retinal pigment epithelium (RPE)-choroid graft translocation in the treatment of an RPE tear: preliminary results. Br J Ophthalmol 2008; (92): 526-529.
- Heussen F M, Fawzy N F, Joeres S, Lux A, Maaijwee K, Meurs J C, Kirchhof B, Joussen A M. Autologous translocation of the choroid and RPE in age-related macular degeneration. Eye 2007.
- Joussen A M, Lehmacher W, Hilgers R D, Kirchhof B. Is significant relevant? Validity and patient benefit of randomized controlled clinical trials on age-related macular degeneration. Surv Ophthalmol 2007; (52): 266-278.
- Joussen A M, Joeres S, Fawzy N, Heussen F M, Llacer H, van Meurs J C, Kirchhof B. Autologous translocation of the choroid and retinal pigment epithelium in patients with geographic atrophy. Ophthalmology 2007; (114): 551-560.
Back to Staff members